Registration fee $250 (includes 2016 edition of Map Act Navigator)
10% discount for 2 or more Registrations at the same time ($225/person)!
** Please bring print out showing proof of registration to class **
Purchase your tickets with a credit card here, or pay at the door with cash or check.
Stay Tuned for Upcoming Southern California Classes to Come!
1010 10th St.
B300 – Basement Training Room
Community Rooms A&B
30111 Crown Valley Parkway
Laguna Niguel, CA
Ramada Burbank Airport
2900 San Fernando Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91504
Double Tree Hilton
1515 Hotel Circle South
San Diego, Ca 92108
Michael Patrick Durkee
This seminar provides guidelines for effective use of the Subdivision Map Act. The instructor will discuss the responsibilities and powers of local agencies under the Act, as well as particular issues regarding when the Act applies.
- Discussion of Legislative and Judicial changes in 2015
- Relationship of Map Act to other planning, zoning and development laws, and to CEQA
- When the Map Act applies (and when not)
- What kind of Map (tentative/final or parcel map) to use
- Certificates of compliance
- Lot Line Adjustments
- Exemptions and exceptions under the Map Act
- Life of Tentative Map
- Vested Rights (including Vesting Maps, Development Agreements and Common Law Vesting)
- Creative mapping approaches
This seminar is designed for planners, surveyors, engineers, developers, builders, attorneys, project managers, architects, planning commissioners, council and board members, property managers, public works and utilities directors, zoning board members, and all others involved with the land use process.